Life Skills Workshops
Life Skills Workshops are included with every client’s weekly schedule and are a valuable aspect of Breathe Life Healing Centers.
Regardless of what challenge you may be facing, our life skills workshops provide educational and emotional support through all the major obstacles that you may encounter in the early stages of your recovery. Experts who provide direction and guidance on your journey to recovery facilitate each 90-minute workshop.
We identify your strengths, weaknesses, and triggers that you may encounter during recovery. Our workshops provide a forum to set short and long-term goals and serve as a way to build confidence and self-esteem.
Breathe’s Life Skills Workshops are spread over 90 days with assignments, physical activities, and goal setting.
Life Skills @ Breathe Life Healing Centers:
- Soul Spirit Sunday: We believe within each living being is a still small voice other than body + brain. Concentrating on spiritual exploration and integration from all-faiths, all-inclusive perspective emphasis is placed on supporting and building a sustainable belief system unique to each person. Faith + Focus encourages discussion, contemplation, mindfulness and interaction among our clients and the community. This is a 90-minute Sunday morning program.
- Service Station: Being of service and volunteering to help oneself and others is key. Service Station crafts the opportunity to venture outside of self and to help others in our community. There is a strong spiritual process involved in helping others, as we begin to learn about the interconnectedness of all human beings. This includes service to the Breathe and 12-Step communities.
- Family Class: Explore roles in the family, core feelings, Family Mapping and family of origin mining. We recommend attending CODA and ACoA meetings while immersed in this workshop. Clients explore and create their own Family Map while the family begins weekly Family Class.
- Food + Mood: Our food + weight work concentrates on health, weight, exercise and the relationship we forge with the food we eat. We hold the ways in which we feed ourselves as evidence of the sacred and the connection to spirit. Nutritional counseling and a personal trainer are provided while we explore redefining our relationship to the thing that keeps us alive: food.
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath: Using this book and the online assessment that accompanies it allows us to identify the innate skills that we already possess and use them to our benefit as we plan our future endeavors. StrengthsFinder identifies the 34 most common skills or strengths that exist in people, and then focuses on leveraging those skills instead of attempting to fix our weaknesses.
- You @ 5: Look at reclaiming your authentic self, sometimes called the inner child or creative self. We look at healing the creative child as well as the nurturing adult that is within us all. Reclaiming all the parts of ourselves allows us to live in the world as we intend to be.
- The Ark: Building Relationships That Float: Focusing on sex, relationships, and love issues we look at how wounds from our family of origin are internalized and expressed in our primary relationships. We wonder why we choose people who end up hurting us, or whom we would like to change. We begin to explore breaking old patterns that no longer serve us and move into fostering self-nurturing relationships to end the cycle of feeling lonely, sad and shameful.
- Body Drama: This educational workshop delves into how we live on our skin and how we carry trauma, drama, and Battleground Beliefs. Using collage techniques and Body Mapping, an exploration of Body Peace in place of Body Drama is developed.
- Money Matters: People come into recovery in many different financial stages; and the ABC’s of money really does matter. Money Matters workshop helps in understanding the balance of financial integrity and understanding wants vs. needs and balancing accounts.
- Legacy Building: We are all codependent to a certain extent but which codependent traits serve you while others do not? Co-dependent traits, to the level that these traits interfere with achieving life goals, are not the same for everyone. This workshop explores the variances of co-dependency and how it can be mastered to greatly improve quality and control of life.
- Stop It: This four week program to quit smoking is a workbook and detox experience with our clients coming into Breathe’s programs who are addicted to nicotine.