Community Mentor – Part Time
The Community Mentor assists clinical staff with the treatment program and acts as liaison to the client community. Supervises client compliance with residential program rules and guidelines. Please note, only overnight positions are available at this time.
A high school diploma or GED required; college-level coursework in health or social services field preferred. Prior experience in group home or behavioral health facility is preferred. Previous experience in eating disorder treatment program preferred. If in recovery, must have 1+ years of sobriety. This position also requires proof of a current negative TB test, CPR/First-Aid certification and documentation for I-9 verification within the first week of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Admits, orients, welcomes and reviews client handbook with new clients.
- Consistently completes client-related paperwork at admit and discharge.
- Performs searches, deciphers contraband from authorized items; labels and stores luggage for safekeeping.
- Ensures guests attend all scheduled sessions throughout the day and evening, keeps and files attendance records.
- Understands Client Handbook and consistently adhere to its guidelines, redirecting clients from negative behaviors.
- Provides transportation to clients while strictly adhering to vehicle safety and driving rules.
- Performs property rounds on a regular basis.
- Utilizes understanding of trauma-informed therapy model and client level system (“Degrees of Freedom”).
- Oversees client use of telephones.
- Conducts and records urinary analyses processes and results.
- Client medication monitoring.
- Client charting, recording client events/behaviors and communicating with clinical team.
- Client crisis intervention/prevention.
- Attends in-services and mentor trainings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of twelve-step recovery programs
- Ability to adhere to and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles. Must have a valid California driver’s license, and be approved to drive company vehicles.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness and patience.
- Keen observation skills.
- Ability to adapt to diverse client groups.
Light work, sitting, writing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds, climbing and descending stairs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to disabled persons upon request.
- Copy/fax machine
- Blood pressure cuff
- Motor vehicle
If you are qualified for the community mentor – part-time position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.