Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Financial Officer is in charge of overseeing daily accounting operations for Breathe Life Healing Centers, including supervision of another staff accountant. Additionally, the Chief Financial Officer prepares information to assist the CEO and President with strategic financial planning.
Preferred: A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. Certification as CPA. Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible healthcare financial management experience required. 3 years as Chief Financial Officer in Behavioral Health. Business development, Transaction
Required: A minimum of a BS in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. Minimum of 5 years of previous financial experience in behavioral healthcare or a behavioral health related field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the financial performance of the company to ensure that it stays on target with budget
- Directs preparation of the annual budget, analyzes monthly actual vs. budget variances.
- Lead and Manage a long- term financial plan process that establishes the strategic direction/ business
- Manages financial matters at a allied organization
- Develops and maintains financial policies and procedures
- Creates and completes financial reporting systems (monthly/quarterly/annual)
- Oversees payroll and accounts receivable and payable
- Completes audits and financial compliance activities
- Manage any outsourced financial activities
- Establish standards and procedures for internal controls and ensure compliance
- Works closely with Staff Accountant and CEO
- Manage banking relationships and day-to-day cash transactions and transfers in accordance with policy
- Ensures controls over movements of cash and adequately safeguard the company’s assets
- Responsible for the timely filing of all tax and state compliance documents, including payroll
- Analyze and maintain financial systems, resolve issues and lead implementations, if required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and implement strong financial controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience analyzing, implementing and revising procedures to establish and execute internal financial controls
- Proactive, willingness to assume and complete tasks as they arise
- Ability to set goals and objectives and meet deadlines
- Previous experience analyzing a financial/accounting department to implement or revise procedures to establish and execute internal financial controls
- Ability to motivate, and mentor staff and work with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve problems
- Ability to work in a hands-on, smaller business environment
- Proficient with accounting software, Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Works inside in an office setting. Light work, sitting, writing, walking, bending, climbing and descending stairs. Must possess physical conditioning adequate for performance of the work.
- Computer, printer, and various accounting software programs.
- Copy machine
- Facsimile machine
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.