Breathe Life Healing Centers is seeking a qualified and experienced full-time Facilities Coordinator.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures and utility systems of buildings and maintaining grounds: Directs workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings and maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems; and water distributing and plumbing systems. Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards. Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, furniture and minor electrical and plumbing systems and attends to landscaping needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent. General knowledge of minor electrical, carpentry and plumbing.
CORE COMPETENCIES/DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot and repair facilities and grounds maintenance issues as they arise.
- Coordinate and oversee work of outside contractors/external maintenance staff.
- Coordinate and oversee work of other maintenance staff.
- Ensure compliance with Joint Commission (JC), Los Angeles/West Hollywood Fire Department, Zoning and Code Enforcement regulations and requirements.
- Recommend and monitor major building renovation or large equipment or systems repair projects.
- Move furniture, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance tasks such as replacing air conditioning filters, cleaning vents, etc. are performed regularly and routinely according to an established preventative maintenance schedule.
- Prepare facilities for earthquakes or other natural disasters as needed.
- Conduct fire and emergency drills as required, and document related data.
- Train staff on other safety and security issues as needed.
- Maintain logs as necessary to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Purchase and install any equipment or supplies necessary for the comfort, safety and security of staff, clients and visitors.
- Order all cleaning supplies.
- Track and report all monthly maintenance credit charges.
- Ensure Emergency Disaster Plan is operational and all necessary equipment and supplies are readily available.
- Perform gate maintenance.
- Prepare properties for tours.
- Maintain trash/recycling.
- Drives clients, on an as needed basis.
- Perform driving training to new technician staff
- Monitors vehicles for damage
- Manages all vehicle maintenance to include, but limited to, oil changes, tire care, etc.
- Monitor rodent activity, watching for new access points, covering and cleaning as needed
- Supervise housekeeping staff, including but not limited to, edits and approves housekeeping hours/time-sheets, perform annual evaluations and conduct interviews.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able use maintenance tools such as a hammer, drill, saw, screwdriver, etc.
- Must have good math skills and be able to take and use basic measurements.
- Must know and use infection control techniques, how to handle hazardous materials and be aware of safety requirements.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various client age groups (adolescent and adult).
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Must possess basic communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of applicable national, state and local fire and safety requirements and regulations and be able to maintain the facility in compliance with regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Heavy work, lifting, bending, walking, sitting, ascending, and descending stairs. Must possess physical conditioning adequate for performance of the work.
- Maintenance tools such as hammer, drill, saw, screwdriver, etc.
NOTE: these duties and responsibilities are intended as guides rather than an exhaustive list of tasks.